Thursday, October 2, 2008

"Qweerly I'm weeding the wong pawhlitical bwogs."

"Qweerly I'm weeding the wong pawhlitical bwogs."
- Luke Burbank, 10-2-08

After listening to the VP debate on KIRO-AM we heard a tiny bit of the Joan Andrews Show featuring Luke Burbank before we could kill the volume. Sidekick Joan was relegated to call screener, possibly the first time she's actually done any work during this whole meandering train wreck of a show.

Caller 1 - This caller was openly gay (which is okay, nothing wrong with that) and had a big ol' lisp and you could tell Luke was jeaaaallll-ous!!! Luke's lisp got ratcheted up about 10 times during this exchange, you could just imagine the saliva hitting the microphone.

Caller 2 - Blah Blah Blah ... some hick from Alaska droning on about how great Palin is, was, whatever. Luke's contribution to the discussion: "Hmm," "Interesting," "Oh," "I see," - typical NPR interview style. Burbank could have been masturbating to an issue of Tiger Beat during this call for all we know. (actually we did hear a high-pitched, girlish squeal right before he went to commercials, so you never know)

Caller 3 - Luke hung-up on this caller. "Uh oh --- oops, I think I hung-up on him ... Dominique - call back!"

Caller 4 - Stutter-train!!! (Don't people fucking screen these calls?)

We turned it off after this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have something to say about TBTL why don't you say it to them instead of hiding out here? That said, I do notice that Luke seems to have some kind of speech impediment but I don't think it's a lisp.

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about, dipshit? This post is lame. You should kill yourself.

Anonymous said...

My my, that's 7 posts in the space of 4 minutes, all from the same person! Looks like I've hit a nerve! LMAO ---